591 Hermitage Road
+61 2 6574 7217
|Sunday|| 08:00am — 08:00pm |
|Monday|| 08:00am — 08:00pm |
|Tuesday|| 08:00am — 08:00pm |
|Wednesday|| 08:00am — 08:00pm |
|Thursday|| 08:00am — 08:00pm |
|Friday|| 08:00am — 08:00pm |
|Saturday|| 08:00am — 08:00pm |
Reviews of Thistle Hill Guest House
- christine robertson Added November 18, 2020★ ★ ★ ★ ★I have just spent a girls weekend at Thistle Hill Guest House. Every year for the past 11 years ,we have been away to a wine region and this was one of the best weekends ever. Perfect for large groups, "The Villa", with a beautiful pool and outdoor dining, BBQ, extensive kitchen, large indoor dining and massive TV, really delivered on a great group experience! Donna and Stewart are lovely people who make you want to come back again, I certainly will!
- Carmen Anderson Added November 16, 2020★ ★ ★ ★ ★We celebrated our son's 30th in the Hunter Valley and stayed at Thistle Hill Guest House. This gorgeous accommodation is set in beautiful grounds and so tranquil. Donna and Stu ensured we had everything we needed and were so helpful in providing information local to the area. Thank you for a memorable stay and look forward to returning.
- Priscilla Rivas Added November 16, 2020★ ★ ★ ★ ★We had the most amazing stay here! Donna is such a gracious and helpful host with plenty of recommendations for food and wine in the area. The breakfast was delicious and our room was perfect. Short drive to a ton of wineries and some are only a walking distance away. Definitely stay here on your next trip to Hunter Valley!
- Ellen Lawrence Added November 15, 2020★ ★ ★ ★ ★Donna and Stuart take great care of this place. You can tell it is loved by its owners! Communication was great and the bedroom we had was just gorgeous. The bed was AMAZINGLY comfortable - the perfect place to wind down after a day of wine tasting. They really go the extra mile here with small touches such as - a bottle of their own wine chilled upon your arrival, some sweet wine for after your meal, chocolates, and one day we came back and had some brownies waiting for us! The breakfast is also delightful, with an array of choices and Donna provides something fresh and warm each day (such as homemade muffins, apple tart, quiche, individual egg pastries). Overall, it was a wonderful stay and the location was also very convenient to explore Hunter Valley.
- Elspeth Dodds-Thompson Added November 09, 2020★ ★ ★ ★ ★Where to start with Thistle Hill? It's like coming home! Donna and Stu are the most incredible hosts I have ever encountered and they always go above and beyond to ensure you have everything you could ever possibly need.
The rooms are gorgeously furnished, spacious and the bed is like sleeping on a cloud. The breakfast room is gorgeous with french doors that open up and leave you sitting, enjoying your breakfast taking in the breathtaking views of the property whispering to yourself "how's the serenity".
Thistle Hill is also fabulous for functions, I had the most incredible time celebrating with my girlfriends for my 30th birthday and again, Donna and Stu went above and beyond to ensure I had the most memorable weekend ever.
The location is also perfect for a walking wine tour, you can walk down one side of Hermitage Road and pop from cellar door to cellar door and then do the exact same on the other side of the road on the way back to Thistle.
I can say with all confidence that there is nowhere else in the Hunter Valley I will ever stay aside from Thistle. 12/10 do recommend!